Fall Craft Fair Experiences

This Fall I debuted Stitches by Debbie, the retail products of Knit n Sew Studio at 2 local craft fairs.

The first one was at the end of September and was a street fair.  This was a new experience for me.  I needed to invest in a sign and a canopy tent.


I had a wonderful day.  Lots of traffic, lots of compliments, and enough sales to make me want to do another show.

My inventory included handmade items for the kitchen including dishcloths, my signature dishcloth dresses, woven potholders, and market bags that I sewed throughout the summer.





It was such a good experience that I signed up for an indoor show on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  I added cup cozies to my inventory.

These were a big hit with my customers.  Everyone commented on them and sales were good.

I also added hanging towel holders instead of hanging dish towels.  This is a pattern that I created after being inspired by a person on Ravelry that crocheted something similar.  I'll be sharing this pattern in the future.


The indoor fair was much easier to set up and again, I had a terrific day.  The organizer of both shows does a great job of advertising and has a solid following of customers.

Here's my table.  Next time, I need to add some additional display pieces.

So that's what I was doing all Fall.  I had many moments when I wondered if it was going to be worth the time that I spent making items.  In the end, I had a great time and met some lovely people.  I think I'll do several a year from now on.   I'm working on new inventory items as I think of them.

Labels: , ,