I did an inventory of my finished dishcloths. There are 22. So, I have 78 to go to reach my goal of 100. I know now that I have plenty of cotton yarn to reach my goal. I'm not sure what I'll make with the yarn after I finish 100 cloths. Maybe I'll start on the second 100. What I am noticing is that I really don't make progress as fast as I thought i did. I'm not sure if I spend less time knitting than I thought I did or if i knit slower than I think I do.
Meantime, I found a great new cotton yarn at my LYS. The photo above is the dishcloth dress that's on my website. This one is made in Fresco by www.universalyarns.com
It's 100% cotton and machine washable and dryable. The suggested needle size is us 5-7 . The pattern works up smaller than the worsted cotton. But next time I'll add stitches to make it up to the real size of the pattern. What makes this yarn so terrific is the self striping and the way it works up in the feather and fan stitch of the skirt.
Labels: Knitted Dishcloth Progress, Knitting